MAD Cowl Aluminium Strap Fix
The MAD cowl is the most popular compact anti downdraught cowl on the British market. The reasons for this are that its compact and aerodynamic shape allows it to combat downdraught. Alongside this, the MAD cowl features a drainage system designed to divert rainwater away from the pot when in use, whilst the internal stainless steel birdguard prevents birds, leaves and vermin entering the chimney. As with all MAD cowls, the quality on offer surpasses that of equivalent inferior models being offered elsewhere.
The MAD cowl benefits from the following: -
- No special tools required when fitting
- Compact design which allows it to be fitted side by side where space between chimney pots is restricted
- Made from 1.2mm aluminium and stainless steel
- Backed up by the MAD cowl money back guarantee (explained under terms and conditions)
- Sold complete with stainless steel strap fixing kit
- Stainless steel birdguard (recommended removal for use with coal or wood)
- Has a test certificate to BSEN 1856-1:2003 and BSEN 1443:2003
- Height 140mm Width 310mm
- Painted versions have a corrosive resistant powder coat finish, which makes it suitable for all fuels (see fuel suitability chart)
- Suitable for pot sizes up to 300mm
- Highly effective in preventing downdraught
- Withstands flue temperatures up to 200°C
The MAD Cowl is not to be used with smokeless fuel.